Disability Parking Information
- Parking is permitted in a stall designated for a person with a disability only when the vehicle displays the designated parking placard.
- Placards are issued to individuals and organizations. Only the placard holder is entitled to use the placard. Loaning the placard to a friend or family member can result in the card being cancelled.
- Anyone who helps a person with a disability to run errands cannot park in the designated stalls if the person with the disability remains in the vehicle. This is an abuse of the privileges.
Conditions of Eligibility
To be eligible for a disability parking permit you must meet one or more of the following conditions:
- Have a disability that limits your mobility.
- Cannot walk one hundred meters (100 meters) without risk to your health.
- Use a mobility aid such as a wheelchair, scooter, walker, crutches, or a cane.
- Have another medical condition that affects your mobility.
- Any of these conditions may be permanent or temporary. Individuals who have broken a leg, for example, or have had surgery can apply for a permit on a temporary basis.
Parking permit applicants
Must obtain the signature of a medical doctor verifying that they meet these requirements.
• Must be renewed every three years.
• You do not need another form filled out by your doctor to renew your permit.
• If you move, tell us your new address and phone number so we can remind you of renewal time.
• Please return your permit to us when it has expired.
• Has an expiry date based upon your doctor’s assessment of your recovery date.
• If you need an extension, you must go to your doctor and complete another application form. Please return your permit to us when it has expired.
Disability Resource Centre Locations
Our main office: Victoria Disability Resource Centre, 817A Fort St. Phone: 250-595-0044, Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 4:00pm
Sidney: Beacon Community Services 10030 Resthaven Drive Phone: 250-656-5537, Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Langford: Wes-Com Medilend (The Priory) 567 Goldstream Avenue, Phone: 250-478-5373, Hours: Monday – Friday 10:00am – 3:00pm
Port Alberni: New Horizons Centre 31778 – 2nd Avenue Port Alberni Phone: 250-724-7199, Hours: Monday – Friday 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Parking Pass Cost and Contact Information
The cost of the permits is $25 when you come to the office, or $27 by mail*. Lost or stolen parking permits can be replaced for the same price. For more information about our parking permits,
Contact us at: 250-595-0044 / fax 250-595-1512 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may pay by credit or debit card, cash or check. Checks should be made payable to "VDRC" (Victoria Disability Resource Centre).