Your support will help us continue offering vital services, programs and education to the community of people with disabilities. To learn more about donating to the VDRC visit this page.
Support the VDRC
The Victoria Disability Resource Centre (VDRC) is a non-profit, grassroots organization that provides information, support, and skills-building programs for people with disabilities of diverse kinds. We could not do this without your generous support.
Your donation will help the VDRC provide:
- Knowledgeable assistance to people with disabilities in meeting their needs, including financial supports, employment, and housing
- Workshops on topics our clients have identified as being of most value to them, such as
how to apply for Persons with Disabilities Assistance, Cooking For Health on a
Budget, and Living Well with a Chronic Illness
- Meeting space for peer support groups such as Spinal Cord Injury BC and Family
Caregivers of BC
- Economical office space to six other non-profit organizations that assist people with
disabilities, such as The Neil Squire Society (providing employment assistance
for people with disabilities) and the Pacific Training Centre for the Blind
- Computer access for people with disabilities to do job search, write resumes, find a place to live, or keep in touch with family and friends
- Our accessible parking permit program
In order to keep offering these vital programs, we turn to the support of people like you. Every dollar we receive goes directly to supporting our neighbours with disabilities throughout Greater Victoria area, and helps us to remove barriers to accessibility in our community.
Many types of donations are welcome. For more information, learn how to donate mutual/legacy funds.
Any donation done through the online form down below will receive a receipt for a donation tax deductible. For all other methods we are only able to give receipts for donations that are at least $20.
There are multiple ways to donate:
- The donate form on our website, found below
- Over the phone via credit card
- In person in our office
- Through the mail via cheque
- Via an email e-transfer
Your donation will help the VDRC continue to provide services, programs and education to the local disability community, their family and friends.