Careers at the VDRC
Career opportunities currently open at the VDRC.
Marketing/Social Media Coordinator Job Description
Eligibility: This position is dependent on funding and is for persons who self-identify as living with a disability.
Start date: Late August to early September (flexible start date)
End date: December 31, 2022 with the possibility of extension dependent on funding
Hours: 20 hours a week (flexible schedule is available)Wage: TBD
Please note that this position is flexible and can be done remotely with minimal required time in the office (but you will be missing out on a lot of fun!).
We are looking for an engaged, tech-savvy person to join our team at the VDRC. The successful applicant would need to have a detailed knowledge of both Instagram and Facebook (our current social media platforms) as well as a willingness to look at other ways to effectively reach our membership.
The desired candidate is not required to possess a formalized education or background in social media or marketing (although this would be an asset). We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, proactive, and willing to work well within our small team at the VDRC to improve our ability to reach our membership and the community.
This position would be ideal for someone with a keen interest in developing their marketing and social media experience in a professional work environment while contributing positively to a local non-profit organization with a large membership base.
- Writing, editing and publishing engaging content for various social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Coordinating public relations and outreach initiatives.
- Optimizing social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s
- Curating or creating appealing graphics and videos for social media
- Measuring and reporting performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight, and assess against goals.
- Maintain and adhere to a set schedule of posts for regularly scheduled VDRC
- Coordinate with internal teams to create content related to the
- Engage with other local and national social media
- Track and report on social media insights (traffic, engagement, shares, conversion rates).
- Respond to or delegate questions and comments on our social media pages in a timely and accurate
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and
- Stay up-to-date with the latest social media best practices and
Education and Experience:
- Ability to deliver creative web content (text, image and video).
- Excellent communication
- Social media and tech-savvy.
- Ability to commit to a set posting schedule, as well as a willingness to create and curate content relevant to the VDRC while working
- Knowledge of current issues and trends related to persons with disabilities is an
If you have any inquiries about this position please contact Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-595-0044 ext. 107.
To apply, email a resume (cover letter optional) and a brief description of why you would be a good fit for this role to Wendy at email@example.com or 250-595-0044 ext. 107.
Only those who are short-listed will be contacted.