VDRC is Currently Operating Remotely
Read more about our remote services and view our Safety Plan. The Safety Plan is a living document and will be updated as needed.
Our programs and services are being offered remotely!
As the COVID 19 pandemic continues to place the majority of VDRC staff, volunteers and service users at increased risk, we have made the decision to continue to provide our services remotely until further notice. We are monitoring the situation closely and will adjust our service delivery to ensure everyone’s safety accordingly.
While our office remains closed to in-person visits, we are continuing to provide services via phone, email and technology like video conferencing platforms!
We are issuing parking placards via mail only at this time. If you require a placard, here are your options to attaining one:
- Call us at 250-595-0044 to renew via Visa or Mastercard
- Email your application or renewal request to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask us to contact you to arrange for payment
- Fax the signed application form to us at 250-595-1512 and we will contact you regarding payment
- Mail the signed application along with a cheque or money order to:
817 A Fort Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1H6
Information & Referral
If you have any questions or concerns about disability-related supports and programs in our community, you can call 250-595-0044, ext. 101 and leave a message. You will be called back. You can also make an inquiry via text at 250-589-9145 or email at email@example.com
Peer groups are meeting via Zoom! Zoom is an online platform that can be used on computers and smart devices to join in on virtual meetings and workshops. For more information on joining our peer groups, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peer Outreach Program: If you are feeling isolated or disconnected due to the ongoing pandemic, let one of our outreach workers be there for you with one-on-one social check-ins via phone, email, text, or video call. For more information and to sign up for the program, please email email@example.com
Volunteer Skills Development
We continue to work on strategies to keep our valuable volunteers involved and engaged. If you have any ideas on how this can be done distantly, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for PWD Disability Benefits Workshop
The workshop is now meeting via Zoom every Tuesday at 1:30! For more information and to receive the meeting link, please email email@example.com
Employment with Neil Squire
Yes! You can still get help with your job search, resume writing, interview skills, and more! Contact Kim at 250-634-4156 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lived Experiences Around Disability (LEAD)
Although not currently being delivered in classrooms, we are continuing to work on ways to ensure this continues to be delivered to the community.
Disability Awareness Training
Keep checking back for updates!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or leave a voice message at 250-595-0044. We will get back to you as soon as we can!
We hope everyone is staying healthy and safe!!