Peer Training Certificate Program
Are you a person who identifies as living with a disability who is interested in working in the helping field? Do people often come to you for advice or to talk things through? Do you want to learn more about how to best support them?
This 8-week training program was developed by, and is facilitated by, persons with disabilities and is delivered in a supportive environment.
Training can be done in groups or alone, in-person or virtually.
- Working Values in the Helping Relationship
- Giving Information and Self-Disclosure
- Brainstorming and Balance Sheet Technique
- Guidelines for Choosing Issues/Problems, and Developing Action Plans
- Stress and Stress Management
- Loss and the Grieving Process
- And more…
For more information, to inquire about dates, or to register, please contact Lucien at 250-595-0044 ext. 112 or email@example.com.
This program was made possible by funding from United Way Southern Vancouver Island’s Programs & Services Grant and BC Community Gaming.