Please note: this information is subject to change without notice by the service providers. None of these organizations are endorsed by the VDRC, and you should use discretion. If you find any information in this list that has changed, please contact us at so we can update our database.

Consumer Services

Access 2 Card

Easter Seals offers the Access 2 Card for persons with a disability to receive either free or discounted admission for their support person at associated movie theaters, recreation centres, and attractions across Canada.

Participating Canadian venues can be found here. Below is a printable pdf version of the Access 2 Card Venues for Greater Victoria.

Access 2 Card Venues 2024

Apply for an Access 2 Card here.

Note: $20 processing fee for the 3-year period or a $30 processing fee for the 5-year period.


Leisure Assistant Pass

The Leisure Assistant Pass (LAP) allows an individual providing leisure assistance to a person with a disability free admission to all municipal recreation facilities and some private sector venues. The pass is issued to the person with the disability. The LAP is available within the municipality you reside:

City of Victoria
Esquimalt Parks & Recreation
Oak Bay Parks, Recreation & Culture
Panorama Recreation
Saanich Parks, Recreation & Community Services
SEAPARC Recreation
Westshore Parks & Recreation

Participating Venues for the Leisure Assistant’s Pass

(Last updated 2022. Currently under revision.)

  • All local municipally funded recreation centres and facilities
  • Art Gallery of Greater Victoria (250-384-4171)
  • Boulderhouse Climbing (778-265-9342)
  • Boulders Climbing Gym (250-544-0310)
  • Butchart Gardens (250-652-4422)
  • CARSA – Centre for Athletics, Recreation and Special Abilities (250-472-4000)
  • Craigdarroch Castle (250-592-5323) *not wheelchair accessible
  • Discover the Past Ghost Walks & History Tours (250-384-6698)
  • Flying Squirrel – Victoria Location (778-404-1778) *Waiver and purchase of re-usable trampoline socks is required
  • Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites (250-478-5849)
  • Galey Farms (250-477-4450) *Includes corn maze, railway, petting farm, etc.
  • Highland Pacific Driving Range (250-478-4653)
  • Horticulture Centre of the Pacific (250-479-6162)
  • IMAX Victoria (250-480-4887) *Applicable to regular public rates only. Eligible IMAX annual pass holders will receive up to 5 attendant discounts.
  • Maritime Museum (250-385-4222)
  • Mount Douglas Golf Club (250-477-8314)
  • Pacific Institute for Sport Excellence (250-220-2510)
  • Royal BC Museum (250-356-7226)
  • Royal Theatre and McPherson Playhouse (250-361-0808) *Some restrictions apply. Call between 8:30am-4:30pm Mon-Fri or email Please include the performance you are interested in.
  • Seasonal Productions of Intrepid Theatre (250-383-2663) *example: Vic Fringe Festival
  • Shaw Centre of the Salish Sea (250-665-7511)
  • Victoria Bug Zoo (250-384-2847)
  • Victoria Butterfly Gardens (250-652-3822)
  • Victoria YM/YWCA (250-386-7511) *Downtown and Westhills locations
  • WildPlay Element Parks Victoria (250-595-2251) *By appointment only, some restrictions apply. Enquiries/bookings

Discount Kids Camps

The YM/YWCA offers subsidies for the children of parents with disabilities (or low incomes) to attend Camp Thunderbird. To determine how much you pay, the YM/YWCA uses the government’s low income cut off chart and asks you to pay as much as you are reasonably able to.

Info: 250-386-7511

Free Camping

People with disabilities and their camping party can camp free year round once they have been issued a “Freedom of information form” by their PWD worker.

Website: Camping Info for Persons with Disabilities

Note: Take a second piece of ID with you!

B.C. recreational freshwater Fishing Licence

BC residents living with a disability can obtain an annual Non-Tidal Angling Licence for a reduced fee.

Info: 250-356-9295, 250-387-9589 or download the application here:


Transportation and Travel

Easter Seals Disability Travel Card

The Disability Travel card is for people of all types of permanent disabilities who require the assistance of a support person when travelling with VIA Rail Canada, Coach Canada, and Motor Coach Canada. Use the Disability Travel Card when purchasing a ticket for travel with one of our participating partners and one support person can accompany them at a reduced fare. The Disability Travel Card holder pays regular ticket price. The Disability Travel Card is not valid with any airlines.

To apply, fill out the form here.

Specially Equipped Motor Vehicle Rebate

Complete this form to claim a specially equipped motor vehicle rebate if you paid GST/HST on the purchase of a qualifying motor vehicle, a modification service performed on your motor vehicle, the importation of a qualifying motor vehicle, or the bringing of a qualifying motor vehicle into a participating province from a non-participating province.

Website: GST/HST Specially Equipped Motor Vehicle Rebate Application

Transportation Supplement – BC Bus Pass for People Receiving Disability Assistance

As of January 1st, 2018, people who receive disability assistance will receive an extra $52 a month for a bus pass or other transportation-related needs. To claim this pass, you can call the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction at 1-866-866-0800 or visit the BC Bus Pass Program website.

If you do not want a bus pass, the $52 a month will simply be added to your regular amount.

More information here.

Low-Cost Door-to-Door Transportation

handyDART is an accessible, door-to-door shared transit service for people with permanent or temporary disabilities that prevent them from using fixed-route transit without assistance from another person. handyDART picks you up at your accessible door and drops you off at the accessible door of your destination. You must first register at no charge.

Trip reservations can be made up to 14 days in advance (recommended) and should be made at least one day in advance.

handyDART Fares:

    • All Riders  $2.50
    • Companion  $2.50
    • Attendant  Free
    • 10 Tickets  $22.50
    • Adult Monthly Pass  $85.00
    • Child, 12 and under  Free

When handyDART cannot accommodate your travel needs, you can use Taxi Saver vouchers for one-time trips. A limited quantity of Taxi Saver vouchers are available to permanently registered handyDART riders only. They provide a 50% subsidy towards the cost of taxi rides. You will need to have a permanent handyPASS to use the vouchers. The handyPASS program allows an attendant to ride free on fixed route buses and it also allows for participation in the Taxi Saver program.

More information and registration can be found here.

BC Ferries Reduced Fare for BC Persons with Disabilities

BC Ferries offers a 50% discounted passenger fare for residents of BC who have a permanent disability as well as 50% off the passenger fare for one personal attendant. To receive this discount, individuals must apply for a BC Ferries Accessible Fare Identification (AFI) Card, which you present to the Ticket Agent at the terminal.

For more information, and where to apply for the AFI Card, check here.

BC Seniors (BC residents 65 years or older) travel free Monday through Thursday except holidays on presentation of a BC Services Card, a BC Gold Care Card (age 65 or greater), a BC
Driver’s License, a BC Identification Card, or a Birth Certificate. If you are presenting a Birth Certificate, proof of residency in BC is required. The BC Seniors discount applies only to the passenger fare. More information can be found here.

Gas Tax Rebates

Purchasing fuel in BC means you are paying fuel tax as well. The Ministry of Finance offers a provincial fuel tax rebate for persons with disabilities. The amount of a rebate you can receive depends on the type of fuel your vehicle uses – see the tax rates here.

  • 18.50 cents returned per litre.
  • You must keep receipts to receive the rebate.
    • The first year does not require this.
  • The average person receives $200 a year with a maximum of up to $500 per calendar year.

Information on how to apply for the rebate here.

General information on BC’s fuel taxes here.

There is also a federal fuel tax rebate at a return of 1.5 cents per litre. See here for details. 

Autoplan Discount

If you have been approved for the fuel tax rebate under the BC government’s Fuel Tax Refund Program for Persons with Disabilities, you could also qualify for a 25% discount on Basic Autoplan insurance, even if you don’t personally drive the vehicle you insure.

For more information, visit the ICBC website or call 1-800-​663-3051.​

Note: To register visit an Autoplan broker’s office and bring your Fuel Tax Refund Program confirmation letter and registration number, photo ID, a copy of your ICBC vehicle registration and insurance documents.

Eye Exams and Glasses

Inner Harbour Optometry allows individuals with PWDs status to receive eye exams free of charge.

Otherwise, many local optometrists will bill the governmental insurance policies directly – which may not be a discount, but will save someone on PWD time and effort. Click here for information on the policy and local optometrists who bill directly.

Dental Care

Many local dentists will bill the governmental insurance policies directly – which may not be a discount, but will save someone on PWD time and effort. For more information on the policy and local dentists who bill directly email us.