Disability Inclusion & Awareness Workshop (Previously: Disability Awareness Training)
Disability Inclusion & Awareness
This workshop is designed for people who work in the customer service industry. It is delivered by persons with disabilities who have lived experience. The goals is to increase awareness of persons with disabilities (PWD) and the barriers they face in the community. By the end of the workshop, employers and employees will have a broader lens of the world, and a greater interest in ensuring the business/organization is as welcoming and as inclusive as possible.
Employees will learn:
- about the various types of disabilities
- the difference between visible and invisible disabilities
- the assumptions and stereotypes that exist
- what inclusive language is and how to use it and what language to avoid
- how to best offer assistance to customers with various disabilities
- about unconscious biases and microaggressions
- how to remove or decrease barriers in YOUR business to increase access to your services
- what low-tech and low-cost options exist that can increase access to your services
Each workshop is customized to the business, the employees and the types of service provided.
For inquiries or more information, contact Wendy at email@example.com or 250-595-0044 ext. 107